You thought you could wrap your self in an attractive resume and drive the point home. Well, then think again! What can really impress a prospective employer is how genuine ‘you’ are!
What does presentation mean?
Presentation is in a way actually showcasing yourself as a package deal… It is hard to believe but it is true, we all have slowly become commodities that sell, we offer our services towards productivity and we are paid for the same. The takers for these services are so many and are wide spread in the market; that there is absolutely no dearth in any job sector. It is there for you to grab the opportunity and turn it to gold that works as a benefit for none other than you.
When appearing for a personal interview or a group discussion as a company would have it, is organised for one primary purpose and that is to gauge your confidence, presentability and how well you carry yourself in front of a bunch of strangers. That does not only mean how well you dress but encompasses the overall sphere of attributes that contribute effectively at carrying forward a company’s image in the society.
Tips for presentation
- Start of with the first step towards job seeking, that is an impressive résumé. A resume should be well written, mentioning in those many words your qualifications, your credibility, your skills and also your capabilities.
- Once, the resume is short listed, you are called for an interview, politely accept the invitation and reach the venue at the decided date.
- Ensure that you have asked for the directions to the office and have understood how to get there. Always be there ten minutes before the scheduled time, to avoid getting late for an interview.
- As soon as your name has been called out, to enter the board room gather your composure and take a deep breath so that your tensed nerves can relax.
- Always knock the door before you enter the room. Do not forget to acknowledge and greet all in the room.
- Take your seat once you have been asked to, not before that.
- Hand over your resume file, with your certificates and other important documents only if they have asked you for it.
- While answering questions, take your time to reply,’ think before you speak’ and answer only as much has been asked.
- Do not appear for an interview, without going through the profile of the company. You should check their website online and gather all the information you require.
- Never smile for any rhyme or reason as it shows your nervousness. Smile while answering as it shows your confidence in prompt reply.
- Always remember that the interviewer is trying to test your patience so don’t get agitated at questions that do not seem relevant to you.
- If you do not know any answer politely pass on the question, do not try to reply and jumble up your words.
- When the interview session is done, stand up from your seat and thank the interviewers for their time, with a firm hand shake.
- While leaving the room ,ensure you have shut the door slowly behind you.